CoinSmart offers different ways to fund your account!
For Canadian Dollar deposits, we have 2 options: Interac Email Money Transfer & Wire Transfer.
*To use your credit/debit card for direct crypto purchases, you can visit our guide here.
Interac Email Money Transfer (E-Transfers)
1. Click on the Deposit button at the top right of your screen.
2. Click on Interac E-transfer.
3. Enter the amount you'd like to deposit and click the Confirm Deposit Amount button.
4. Once you enter this amount you'll be brought to a page that will provide you with all the info you'll need to enter via your online/mobile banking Email Transfer form. Please ensure you're using the info exactly as shown to prevent a delay in us receiving your funds.
5. Once you have completed entered all the correct information and completed the e-transfer, our team will receive it and process it for you!
E-transfers may take 1 - 60 minutes. If you do not see the funds in your account within 60 minutes, then we would recommend following up with your financial institution to inquire about the status of the transfer. Occasionally banks/INTERAC may place holds on transfers for various reasons.
1. Click the Wire Transfer option.
2. Enter the amount you'd like to send.
3. Note all the information here to take into your closest bank branch.
4. Click Confirm to receive the reference number.
5. Use the previous information and the reference number at your bank branch to complete the wire transfer!
Please ensure you are sending funds in CAD. Any funds sent in other currencies may be returned or subject to FX conversion fees charged by any banks involved - these funds will not be charged by us and thus will not be refundable.
All deposits are processed and added to your account, the same day we receive them in our bank!
Here is a helpful video that goes through the CAD deposit process: