CoinSmart offers ways to fund your account with both CAD and USD!
For Canadian Dollar deposits, we have 3 options: Interac Email Money Transfer, Wire Transfer and Credit Cards.
Interac Email Money Transfer
1. Click on the Deposit button at the top right of your screen.
2. Click on Interac E-transfer.
3. Enter the amount you'd like to deposit and click the Confirm Deposit Amount button.
5. Once you enter this amount you'll be brought to a page that will provide you with all the info you'll need to enter via your online/mobile banking Email Transfer form. Please ensure you're using the info exactly as shown to prevent a delay in us receiving your funds.
1. Click the Wire transfer icon.
2. Enter the amount you'd like to send.
3. Use all the info shown here to complete the Wire with your bank
4. Click Confirm
*Note: All deposits are processed and added to your account, the same day we receive them in our bank.
We also have credit card payments (via Simplex)! You can use this payment option to pay in multiple fiat currencies.
1. Under the SmartTrade section, click "Buy Crypto with Credit Card"
2. Select the cryptocurrency you would like to purchase (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Stellar, and DASH) and choose which fiat currency to pay with (e.g. CAD, USD, GBP, AUD).
3. Enter the amount you would like to purchase (in crypto or fiat). Then input an address where you would like the crypto to be sent. Your CoinSmart wallet for that coin will be listed right above, if you wish to send the crypto directly into your CoinSmart account. You are also welcome to send it to another external wallet, should you choose to.
4. Once you're satisfied with the amount and wallet address, press "Continue" to be taken to the checkout page (via Simplex).
5. The order summary will confirm the amount crypto you will be buying and the amount you will be paying (inclusive of fees). Once you fill out all the information, you will be sent both a text code and a verification e-mail. Click the link in your e-mail to verify and enter the text code to be taken to the Verification page.
6. Here you will upload a copy of your Canadian Government-issued ID and enter the corresponding details. Once completed, click "Upload Document".
7. Once the information is verified, your order is complete!
Here is a helpful video that goes through the CAD deposit process: